Composition - Each 100 gm contains :
Colistin Sulphate 20 gm equivalent to 60,00,00,000 I.U. Fortified with Vitamin B-Complex
Spectrum of Activity :
- Exerts a high bactericidal activity on both multiplying and resting susceptible bacteria. Interacts strongly with phospholipids in bacterial cell membrane, penetrates into and radically disrupts its permeability & function.
Colcin 20 has a protective effect against the adverse effects of endotoxins, as it has high activity to bind and neutralize the endotoxins produced by toxigenic strains of E.coli & Salmonella spp.
- Prevention & treatment of gastrointestinal infections caused by or associated with bacteria sensitive to colistin in poultry (broilers including hen), rabbits and calves.
- Highly effective against gram negative bacteria, which includes - Aerobactor, E.coli, Hemophillus spp., Shigella spp., Bordetella spp., Vibrio spp. & Paracolon bacteria.
- In Chickens : colibacillosis, colisepticaemia, enterotoxicosis, salmonellosis, pullorosis, infectious coryza, klebseillosis, bortdetellosis, avian vibrionic hepatitis and pseudomonas infection.
- In Calves : colienteritis, collisepticaemia, calf scour and secondary bacterial diarrhea after viral infections.
Preventive Inclusion :
- 1 gm/ 50 kg body weight for 5- 7 days (equivalent to 4 mg of colistin sulphate/ kg b.w.)
Treatment Inclusion :