Increasing energy supply through increased use of concentrates or rapidly fermentable fibre can plunge the rumen into acidosis.
Rumen pH is governed by -
- The production of VFAs from the fermentation of carbohydrates in the feed.
- The loss of VFAs through the rumen wall to deliver energy to the cow.
- The flow of buffers into the rumen through saliva.
Bufcid has unique honeycombed physical structure and large surface area, breaks down slowly thus conditions the rumen and neutralizes significantly more acid over a longer period, than many conventional buffers.
In the Lactating Animals
- Better neutralization of rumen acid
- Slow-release and long- term rumen buffering
- Improves fibre digestion
In the Dry Animals :
- Allows increased concentrate feeding close to calving
- Reduces the risk of metabolic disorders
- Conditions the rumen for lactation
Natural product :
- Acts quickly due to more surface area
- Improves dry matter intake
- Improves fiber digestion
- Increases total volatile fatty acids
- Blend of natural products derived from calcareous marine algae and acid neutralizing compounds with fine particle size effective in maintaining optimum rumen pH.
Bufcid Performance :
Average Milk Fat(%)
Average Milk Protein (%)
Average Milk Lactose (%)
Milk Fat Yield (kg/d)
Milk Protein (kg/d)
Bufcid maintains the VFA ratio leading to optimum rumen efficiency and milk production.
- 50 - 80gms per day per Animal
- or 0.5 - 1kg per 100 Kg of compounded feed
- or As Directed by Consultant